A long time ago I saved a chicken pot pie cupcake recipe that I found via Pinterest and I finally got around to making it. Let me tell you – I think I’ve just found my new go-to-in-a-pinch-dinner for the fam!
I didn’t end up following the recipe I had pinned, I actually found the recipe from Pillsbury direct — with a few modifications of my own:
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen mixed vegetables –>recipe said to cook them but I left them frozen
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken –> we cooked an entire pound of chicken breast and we also seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits –>I used 2 cans and made 12 cupcakes in total
- The filling details above filled 12 biscuits nicely, not overly generous but enough filling to satisfy us.
This recipe was so simple to make and even more yummy than I could have hoped for. To top it off, I was able to get 12 servings out of the chicken mixture so we refrigerated the leftovers and had them for dinner the next day. I can attest that they were just as good the second night as they were originally – definitely a win in this house.
Overall rating = Pinterest win!
Follow the recipe from Pillsbury here and let me know what you think if you give it a try!